As one of the world’s premier privately-held global 3PL providers, MyPeople and our affiliates, (collectively, “MyPeople” “we,” or “us”), respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your Personal Information. This Global Privacy Notice describes the types of Personal Information we collect and our practices for using, maintaining, sharing, and protecting it. It also describes the rights and choices you may have with respect to your Personal Information and how you may contact us about our privacy practices. Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements, and specific privacy practices may apply to some of our products and services.
This Global Privacy Notice applies to this website and any associated products and services (the “Services”). It does not apply to the collection and use of certain employment-related information. If you are a current or former job applicant, employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor who is a California resident, please Contact Us for the appropriate policy. See Section 10 below.
When using our websites, you may choose to interact with features from third parties that operate independently from MyPeople, such as social media widgets and links to third-party websites. MyPeople has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy practices of such third parties. This Global Privacy Notice does not apply to the extent MyPeople does not own or control any linked websites or features you visit or use. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy practices of these third parties.
1. Types of Personal Information:
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. Examples of Personal Information MyPeople may collect include:
- Contact information (name, nickname, gender, mailing address, email address, phone number)
- Payment information (credit card and other payment card information) and financial information (such as bank account numbers)
- Business information (office location, business contact information, department, job title/description, reason for contacting MyPeople)
- Log-in credentials (username, password)
- Usage details (website activity, MyPeople-related preferences)
- Technical details (IP address, cookie/session IDs, browser type/version, operating system/platform)
- Any other information you or other MyPeople clients may upload or provide or enter in connection with the Services
We collect Personal Information as defined under California law, which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Personal Information does not include de-identified or aggregate information; publicly-available information; lawfully obtained truthful information that is a matter of public concern; and information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws.
MyPeople collects and has collected the following categories of Personal Information about consumers in the 12 months preceding the date this Global Privacy Notice was last modified:
- Identifiers (e.g., real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers)
- IP address
- Categories of personal information described in California Civil Code §1798.80(e) (e.g., signature; phone number; social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; bank account, credit card, or debit card number, or other financial information)
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- Commercial information (e.g., services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Professional or employment-related information
2. Collection of Personal Information
MyPeople may collect Personal Information using the following methods:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (information you enter into web forms, contracts, or submit to the Services)
- MyPeople internal customer relationship management system and databases
- From third parties, such as analytics providers
- Automatically through tracking technologies (cookies, web beacons, log files), including over time and across third-party websites or other online services
Children Under 18
MyPeople websites are not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this website or through any of its features, register, or make any purchases. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete it. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please Contact Us.
MyPeople collects Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly and indirectly from you
- Other MyPeople clients
- Service providers
- Government entities
European Economic Area (EEA) Residents
Where we need to collect Personal Information by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but will notify you first.
3. Use of Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you
- Providing you with the Services
- Authenticating use, detecting potential fraudulent use, and otherwise maintaining the security of the Services
- Developing, testing, improving, and demonstrating the Services
- Creating and maintaining a customer relationship management system
- Carrying out our legal and contractual obligations and enforcing our rights, including billing and payment processing
- Anonymizing and aggregating information for analytics and reporting
- Advertising, marketing, and selling the Services, including linking together or merging Personal Information with other Personal Information so that we may better understand your needs and inform you about our Services and those of our partners
- Short-term transient use
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws and MyPeople Group policies
- Avoiding or mitigating harm to you, to our customer, to the MyPeople Group and to third parties
- For any other purpose with your consent
To make informed choices about targeted advertising, see Manage Your Personal Information (Section 8 below).
European Economic Area (EEA) Residents
We rely on the following lawful bases to process your Personal Information for these non-exhaustive purposes:
We may obtain your consent to process your Personal Information in certain circumstances, which may include when we send you relevant marketing, you elect to receive information from us, or you contact us to register an interest in our Services or MyPeople. We may also rely upon our legitimate interest in developing our business as a basis for sending you marketing information and information about our Services (see below).
Performance of a Contract
We rely on this lawful processing ground when we process your Personal Information to perform a contract which we have with you, or when we take steps in anticipation of entering into a contract with you, for example in connection with in the provision of our Services to you and the management of our relationships with third parties.
Compliance with a Legal Obligation
We rely on this lawful processing ground when we process your Personal Information to meet legal and regulatory obligations which apply to us.
We rely on this lawful processing ground when we process your Personal Information to provide our Services, to respond to specific requests, to manage our business operations, to manage our relationships with you and with third parties in connection with our business, and when we provide you with marketing information or other information in relation to our Services which we believe may interest you.
If you wish to have more information regarding the legitimate interests assessments we have conducted in order to reach these conclusions, please Contact Us. See Section 10 below.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose Personal Information:
- To affiliates and other entities within MyPeople group of companies, distribution partners, other MyPeople clients, and service providers
- To third parties when you use a third party feature in our Services
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of MyPeople assets
- If we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of MyPeople or others
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide Personal Information
- With your consent, such as when you choose to provide your information to third parties
We may also disclose de-identified information without restriction. Note that if you make any Personal Information publicly available on the Services, anyone may see and use such information.
MyPeople retains third party service providers to assist us in our business. For example, we use service providers to assist with transportation and deliveries, analytics, marketing, customer relationship management, payment processing, and IT infrastructure and support. MyPeople may permit these affiliates and service providers to access your Personal Information in order to assist us in providing services; however, we require these third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
MyPeople discloses Personal Information with the following categories of third parties and has disclosed the following categories of Personal Information for a business or commercial purpose in the 12 months preceding the date this Global Privacy notice was last modified:
|Personal Information||Third Parties|
|Identifiers||Service providers, including data analytics and advertising providers, operating systems and platforms, social networks|
|IP addresses||Service providers, including data analytics and advertising providers, operating systems and platforms, social networks|
|Categories of personal information described in California Civil Code §1798.80(e)||Service providers|
|Commercial information||Affiliates, distribution partners, other MyPeople clients|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information||Service providers, including data analytics and advertising providers|
|Professional or employment-related information||Service providers|
MyPeople has not sold consumers’ personal information in the preceding 12 months.
5. International Transfer of Personal Information
MyPeople is a global business. We may transfer your Personal Information to the United States, where we are headquartered, and to other countries which may not have the same privacy laws as the country in which you initially provided the information, but we will protect your Personal Information in accordance with this Global Privacy Notice, or as otherwise disclosed to you.
European Economic Area (EEA) Residents
If you live in the EEA, we may transfer Personal Information to countries for which adequacy decisions have been issued, use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Information to third parties, such as an intra-MyPeople agreement or the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses or their equivalent under applicable law.
You may Contact Us to obtain a copy of the safeguards we use to transfer Personal Information outside of the EEA. See Section 10 below.
6. Security of Personal Information
MyPeople implements security safeguards to protect your Personal Information. We take steps to secure Personal Information through administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect against the risk of accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through the Internet, and where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
7. Retention of Personal Information
MyPeople generally retains records only as long as necessary and as required for our business operations, for archival purposes, and/or to satisfy legal requirements.
When determining the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we take into account various criteria, such as the amount, nature and sensitivity of the Personal Information; potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure; purposes for which we process your Personal Information; whether we can achieve those purposes through other means; and business operations and legal requirements.
Because we maintain our applications and websites to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your Personal Information may be retained in our backup and archival systems for a limited period of time, after which the information will be automatically deleted or put beyond use where deletion is not possible.
8. Manage Your Personal Information
Tracking/Online Advertising Opt-Out
You may manage your Personal Information by making certain choices. If you believe that any Personal Information you have provided to us is out-of-date or inaccurate, please Contact Us. See Section 10 below. You may also have additional rights detailed below depending on where you live. As a security precaution, we may need to request information from you to help us confirm your identity when exercising a right related to your Personal Information.
Each type of web browser offers ways to restrict and delete cookies. If you disable or delete cookies, or if you are running third-party software that intercepts or deletes cookies, please note that some parts of our websites may not work properly.
You can opt out of third parties collecting your Personal Information for targeted advertising purposes in the United States by visiting the National Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) opt-out page and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) opt-out page and in the EEA by visiting opt-out page.
Your browser settings also may allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites. Our Services are not configured to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you can visit here.
If you have further questions regarding the specific information about you that we process or retain, as well as your choices regarding our collection and use practices, please contact us using the information listed below.
If you live in California, you have the right to: (1) request that MyPeople disclose what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sell; (2) request deletion of Personal Information; (3) opt-out of the sale of Personal Information; and (4) not receive discriminatory treatment by MyPeople for exercising these rights. You also may request correction of inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. To make a request on your behalf, an authorized agent may Contact Us by email at [email protected] with proof of your written and signed permission to do so. Note that MyPeople may also require you to verify your identity and confirm that you gave permission.
For requests made in connection with the right of access, to know, to correct, and/or of deletion, please note:
- As required under applicable law, we must take steps to verify your request before we can provide personal information to you, delete personal information, or otherwise process your request. To verify your request, we may require you to provide your name, physical address, email address, contact information, and information about your account or previous transactions with us. If we believe we need further information to verify your request as required by law, we may ask you to provide additional information to us.
- We will deliver personal information that we are required by law to disclose to you and correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the personal information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with MyPeople, or electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
Requests to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose the following information:
- Specific pieces of Personal Information MyPeople has collected about you;
- Categories of Personal Information MyPeople has collected about you, disclosed about you for a business purpose, or sold;
- Categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- Categories of third parties to whom MyPeople discloses or to whom MyPeople sells Personal Information; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling Personal Information.
To make such a request, please Contact Us by email at [email protected] or call us toll-free at 833-369-8989. In order to verify your request, MyPeople may require you to provide additional information to confirm the identity of the consumer.
Requests to Correct Inaccurate Personal Information
You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct an inaccuracy. To make such a request, please Contact Us by email at [email protected] or call us toll-free at 833-369-8989. MyPeople may require you to provide additional information to confirm the identity of the consumer. Once we verify your request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct an inaccuracy and direct our service providers to do the same, unless an exception applies.
Requests to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we collected and maintain, subject to certain exceptions. To make such a request, please Contact Us by email at [email protected] or call us toll-free at 833-369-8989. MyPeople may require you to provide additional information to confirm the identity of the consumer. Once we verify your request, we will delete and direct our service providers to delete your Personal Information, unless an exception applies.
European Economic Area (EEA) Residents
If you live in the EEA, you may have the right to (1) request access to, rectification, or erasure of your Personal Information or restrict the processing of your Personal Information; (2) object to processing; (3) data portability (receive and transfer your Personal Information); (4) lodge a complaint with your relevant data protection authority; and (5) where processing of your Personal Information is based on consent, withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing of Personal Information that occurred before you withdraw consent. To make such a request, please Contact Us.
9. Global Privacy Notice Changes
This Global Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our privacy practices.
We will post changes on this page and identify the date the privacy notice was most recently updated at the top of the page.
10. Contact Us
United States Residents
In order to properly respond to your questions or requests about our services, please email us at [email protected] or at our tollfree number 833-369-8989.
European Economic Area (EEA) Residents
If you are a resident of the EEA, in order to properly respond to your questions or requests about our services, please email us at [email protected]
or write to us:
Email Address: [email protected]
Telephone number: +1 (833)-369-8989
653 Oak Run Trail , 310
Oak Park, CA 91377
You may also make a complaint to your relevant data protection authority.
Effective as of February 12, 2022